I'm living life continuing to conquer depression, anxiety, and OCD. I've come to appreciate every day, and count the blessings every day that God has given me. I believe that positive things can be found in every person and every circumstance. If you are struggling, if you are suffering, from mental illnesses or anything in life, stop here and reflect on God's many blessings every day with me.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
How Is God Revealed Through You?
This video, 99 Balloons, is one that I saw about 3 years ago. It brought me to tears then, and did again tonight. I don't know why I watched it again tonight, or remembered I had seen it years ago...
But, it makes me beg the question, "How is God revealed through you?"
The father talks about God being revealed through Elliot, though he never spoke a word.
How is God revealed through you?
Depression, anxiety, conversion disorder, OCD, are not stopping me from letting God's works be revealed through me.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.- Romans 8:18
As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be revealed in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”- John 9:1-5
Does anything stop you from revealing the glory of God?
When asked, "Who sinned?", Jesus said that neither the man nor his parents, but it happened so the works of God might be revealed.
I pray that I reveal God's glory.
Depression? God gives me every reason to rejoice. I smile because He claimed me His own. I smile because this is the day the Lord has made, and we have a reason to rejoice and be glad in it.
Anxiety? God encourages me not to worry, but in everything by prayer and petition present your works before God. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. My unyielding faith has seen me through my most difficult times.
Blessed to be a blessing- and blessed to reveal God's glory, even though illness, persecution, anxiety, worry, etc. try and prevent it from happening.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Therefore nothing can stop us from revealing His great works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That video made me cry...it made me think of my little brother who died when he was just 11 days old. I never got to see him grow up...I'm confident that I will see him in heaven, but still, it's hard.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder that anything and anyone can reveal God's glory.
Also, I read Psalm 55 today and it made me think of you.
I didn't cry, and I feel like an awful person because of it.
ReplyDeleteBut that video is so beautiful. And Anonymously Me, I am so sorry about your brother.
That passage from John is so challenging, because as far as I can see, it pretty much says that God causes suffering. This is somewhat comforting in that it really does show He's in control of everything, and if He brings you to it, He'll definitely get you out. But at the same time, you look at things like the earthquakes and have to wonder if that could possibly be true.
It doesn't make you an awful person!
ReplyDeleteYes, sorry about your brother Anonymously Me.
Well, God does not necessarily "cause" suffering- remember, the world was perfect until Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree, and sin brought corruption and problem. While "suffering" does not mean punishment for sin, we are not in a perfect world, and we all have our trials. I keep thinking to the Isaiah 55 verse where he says "My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."- He uses these opportunities of "suffering" to bring us closer to Him, and so that others can see HIm through us. We will never understand the "why" behind anything until we are with HIm in heaven and we can see His master plan. Okay, that was a lot longer of an explanation than I intended, so I hope it makes sense...