I got my mid-term student teaching evaluation back already (Am I already half done with the first component of student teaching?!)
I almost was in tears when I got it. Not because it was bad.
But because it said this:
"Dylan has an excellent understanding of the needs of children this age. He works hard to have creative lessons that will hold the interest of the children. His dedication to making a meaningful and exciting learning experience for the children is clearly evident.
I am very delighted to have Dylan working with me in first grade. He truly is a colleague with whom I can discuss best practices and research-based instruction. I would love to have him stay teaching here with us at Faith."
If consulted by an administrator who is considering this student teacher for a teaching position, I would: Recommend with enthusiasm!
The one-year mark of the day my depression sunk in and I suffered a conversion disorder is soon arriving.
And to think- about where I am and who I am today- compared to then, I am so proud of myself, I am so happy with my life, and I am so confident for the future. I am also thanking and praising God for all He has done to see me through this.
A year ago, would I have imagined that would be on my first student teacher evaluation? No.
And that makes me so enthusiastic to think about where I might be a year from today.
No matter what happens, where I am, I know whose I will be and who will be guiding me through and always watching over me.
That's so awesome!! :D
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! Congratulations on the fantastic evaluation, and on everything you've achieved this year!!
ReplyDelete